Samples of AP* Studio Art
There are three different sections to choose from:
- AP 2D Art and Design: Graphic design, digital imaging, photography, collage, fabric design, weaving, fashion design, fashion illustration, painting, and printmaking are among the possibilities for submission.
- AP 3D Art and Design: Students can work with any materials, processes, and ideas. Figurative or nonfigurative sculpture, architectural models, metal work, ceramics, glasswork, installation, performance, assemblage, and 3-D fabric/fiber arts are among the possibilities for submission.
- AP Drawing: Students can work with any materials, processes, and ideas. Drawing (analog and digital), painting, printmaking, and mixed media work are among the possibilities for submission.
The AP* requirement is to submit a portfolio of 15 works of following:
- Selected Works: 5 physical works (which can be chosen from the Sustained Investigation section) or high-quality printed reproductions of physical works that each demonstrate synthesis of materials, processes, and ideas. 10 pieces must be provided for the 3-D portfolio
- Sustained Investigation: 15 digital images of works of art and process documentation that demonstrate sustained investigation through practice, experimentation, and revision.
See our collection below, or click the following links for more samples from the College Board* website: