♦ Course Description
Students in this course will be given assignments and exercises using the grid technique to help the student see composition better, recognize tonal changes, and transfer and size up images more accurately.
Drawing Using a Grid
The technique of drawing using a grid has been an aid for artists going back for centuries from Albrecht Durer, to Leonardo Da Vinci, to Chuck Close. The grid technique is also a great learning tool for the beginning drawing student by giving artists the ability to achieve the following:
- Resize a small drawing to a much larger scale
- See shapes and tones more clearly
- Concentrate on specific area of an image to make it accurate
- Compose the subject matter on a page, canvas, or wall
Professor, Irvin Tepper
Irvin Tepper is an artist/teacher with an international reputation. He is a remarkable educator and a Professor of Fine Art and Industrial Design at the Pratt Institute. His works are displayed in many museums around the world including; The Victoria Alpert, London, Kunstmuseum, Bern Switzerland, Los Angeles County Museum, Los Angeles, The Saint Louis Art Museum, St. Louis.
How can I start?
- Select the program of your choice and enroll.
- Your teacher will contact you via email and set up the date and time for your first online consultation.
- Once you communicate with your teacher, you will set up a schedule to complete your work. Your teacher will help each step of the way, from the concept, through the execution of the work, to the final critique.